IEA Corp., an EverWatch company is in search of a Technical Writer to
support the Pentagon Force Protection Agency in Falls Church, VA.
The Technical Writer serves as the subject matter expert and focal
point for technical writing support functions and assists PFPA
directorates in developing, writing, editing and managing technical
documentation to include the Performance Work Statement (PWS),
Statement of Work (SOW), Market Research, and Justification and
Approvals (J&A), White Papers, Standard Operation Procedures
(SOP). The Technical Writer will assist acquisition and requirements
with edits on acquisition documents, reports, manuals, briefs,
evaluation criteria documents for proposals, and documents for
- Support and assist the A&R in analyzing, organizing,
developing, preparing, writing, editing, and printing manuals,
presentations, technical specifications, process or data flow
diagrams, and complex analytical reports. Interact with the program
offices technical staff, analysts, program managers, and the
customer in the development of their requirement documents
preparation, presentation, and publication of applications concepts.
The individual shall coordinate, assemble, review, research, edit,
update, analyze, and prepare technical reports/documents both in
hard copy and electronically.
- Assist in collecting and organizing information for preparation of
user manuals, training materials, proposals, and reports.
- Have comprehensive knowledge and technical oversight of
acquisition planning policies, regulations, guidelines, and
processes. The Technical Writer shall have the ability to manage
multiple procurement projects with simple and complex procedures.
- The technical writer must be well versed in word processing and
presentations proficient in Microsoft Word; Excel and PowerPoint,
and Project. Capable of converting complex technical discussions in
to simplistic easy to read plain English.
- Have analytical skills to permit translation of program and
mission objectives into overall acquisition documentation, which can
- Maintain records, files, and assist A&R with documentation of
tasks to ensure goals and objectives of the organization are achieved.
- The technical writer duties may include arranging calls and
meetings, preparing reports and other paperwork, file management,
answering requests for information and preparing general correspondence.
- Have good personal skills such as communication, teamwork, self-
motivation, and demonstrable initiative and attention to detail.
- Coordinate with and assist the government professionals in the
development, preparation, editing, writing, updating, program
specifications documentation and process.
- Communicate, orally and in writing, to enable presentation of
sensitive and sometimes controversial material and make
recommendations to higher authority and other Government agencies.
The Technical Writer reads publications, regulations, and directives
related to administrative matters and take action or refer those
that are important to government personnel.
- Shall store work related documents on Share Drive and maintain the
status of writing Projects and set timely goals and dates for completion.
- Shall maintain the status of writing projects and set timely goals
and dates for completion.