IEA Corp., an EverWatch company is in search of a Program/Financial
Analyst to support OUSD(I) in Arlington, VA.
* Working knowledge using Comptroller Accounting & Budget System
(CABS) and Program & Budget System (PBS) is desired. Demonstrated
working experience with at least one of the following appropriations
is required all are desired: Operation & Maintenance (O&M),
and/or Research, Development, Test & Evaluation (RDT&E).
* Financial, Budget and Acquisition Support. The contractor will
provide direct support to the OUSD(I), CoS Budget and Contracting
Office and the Human Capital Management Office. Support will encompass
all phases of the Planning, Programming, Budgeting and Execution
(PPBE) process, as well as the OUSD(I) areas of responsibility in the
* The contractor shall provide technical advice and analysis to
ensure OUSD(I) appropriations are effectively justified and executed,
ensure acquisition packages are accurate and complete, and
transactions are within law, regulation, and policy.
* Support the government lead in analyzing requirements, prioritizing
resources, and executing funds. Coordinate with OUSD(I) directorates,
OSD offices, Defense agencies and Services to integrate estimates,
complete assessment, and execute funds. Interpret policy, regulations,
and guidelines for budget request development and execution.
* Assist with maintaining the status of commitment and obligation of
funds in coordination with Washington Headquarters Services (WHS) and
budget/finance instructions and directives. Reconcile internal
financial records with WHS/DFAS Accounting reports and prepare weekly
* Identify discrepancies and follow up to resolve. Actively pursue
closure of Unliquidated Obligations in concert with the Comptroller’s
Tri Annual Review, to include collecting customer status and following
up to ensure completion. Support conduct of execution reviews, to
include slide preparation.
* Support data collection and preparation of budget exhibits for all
cycles of the PPBES; verify accuracy of financial data such as WHS and
Comptroller controls, Comptroller Information System (CIS), Program
Resources Collection Process (PRCP).
* Collect, review and input resources and text to the Select and
Native Programming (SNaP) database for Congressional Justification
Book development. Collect, review and input data to the Budget
Intelligence and Related Database (BIRD).
* Assist with maintaining files of each OUSD(I) contract including
all contract modifications. Conduct periodic reviews of budget plans
to support continuity of service with no breaks in support. Support
the Contracting Officer’s Representatives in researching of invoicing
issues or other funding issues that arise by providing funding
documentation as appropriate. Review acquisition packages for
completeness, accuracy and consistency, initiating financial
transactions through the Comptroller Accounting & Budget System
(CABS) system for Military Interdepartmental Purchase Requests
(MIPRs), Interagency Agreements (IAs), and contracting office purchase requisitions.
* Assist with the review of Congressional marks for impact to OUSD(I)
programs and support the Government with authoring appeals. Review
Program Budget Decisions/Program Decision Memoranda for impact to the
OUSD(I) programs, support impact evaluation, and maintain tracker of
baseline-to- President’s Budget changes.
* Create, modify and manipulate reports, spreadsheets, and
presentations to capture and display historical, current, and planned
financial data for management and senior leadership decision-making.
Prepare spend plans/obligation plans and execution reports. Create
user accounts and administer the Internal Resource Management
Application -Intelligence (IRMA-I).
* Assist with responses to ad hoc calls for budgetary and contracting
data through collection, review, preparation and input of submissions.
Data calls may come from OUSD(AT&L), WHS, OUSD(Comptroller),
Capitol Hill or other agencies/offices. This includes but is not
limited to Study and Cross Cutting Funds competition, mid-year review
Unfunded requests, and Overseas Contingency Operations issues. Support
the Government lead with development of memoranda, issue papers and
briefings as required by these data calls.
* Bachelor’s degree in business or accounting related subject or five
(5) years demonstrated experience in financial management/analysis. In
addition, the candidate must possess:
* Minimum of three (3)
years demonstrated working knowledge of the Planning, Programming,
Budgeting and Execution (PPBE) phases of the DoD budget process is
required. Minimum of two (2) years demonstrated experience in the
development of budget justifications is required.
* Minimum of
two years of budget execution is required.
* Department of
Defense (DoD) experience in the areas of programming and budget is
* Technically proficient with Microsoft Office
* Expert Level in MS Excel is required.
Demonstrated experience clearing Unliquidated Obligations (ULO) and
working the ULO Tri- Annual Review.
* Active TS/SCI security clearance