IEA Corp., an EverWatch company is in search of a Technical Writer to support the Pentagon Force Protection Agency in Falls Church, VA.
The Technical Writer serves as the subject matter expert and focal point for technical writing support functions and assists PFPA directorates in developing, writing, editing and managing technical documentation to include the Performance Work Statement (PWS), Statement of Work (SOW), Market Research, and Justification and Approvals (J&A), White Papers, Standard Operation Procedures (SOP). The Technical Writer will assist acquisition and requirements with edits on acquisition documents, reports, manuals, briefs, evaluation criteria documents for proposals, and documents for contract modification.
- Support and assist the A&R in analyzing, organizing, developing, preparing, writing, editing, and printing manuals, presentations, technical specifications, process or data flow diagrams, and complex analytical reports. Interact with the program offices technical staff, analysts, program managers, and the customer in the development of their requirement documents preparation, presentation, and publication of applications concepts. The individual shall coordinate, assemble, review, research, edit, update, analyze, and prepare technical reports/documents both in hard copy and electronically.
- Assist in collecting and organizing information for preparation of user manuals, training materials, proposals, and reports.
- Have comprehensive knowledge and technical oversight of acquisition planning policies, regulations, guidelines, and processes. The Technical Writer shall have the ability to manage multiple procurement projects with simple and complex procedures.
- The technical writer must be well versed in word processing and presentations proficient in Microsoft Word; Excel and PowerPoint, and Project. Capable of converting complex technical discussions in to simplistic easy to read plain English.
- Have analytical skills to permit translation of program and mission objectives into overall acquisition documentation, which can be implemented.
- Maintain records, files, and assist A&R with documentation of tasks to ensure goals and objectives of the organization are achieved.
- The technical writer duties may include arranging calls and meetings, preparing reports and other paperwork, file management, answering requests for information and preparing general correspondence.
- Have good personal skills such as communication, teamwork, self- motivation, and demonstrable initiative and attention to detail.
- Coordinate with and assist the government professionals in the development, preparation, editing, writing, updating, program specifications documentation and process.
- Communicate, orally and in writing, to enable presentation of sensitive and sometimes controversial material and make recommendations to higher authority and other Government agencies. The Technical Writer reads publications, regulations, and directives related to administrative matters and take action or refer those that are important to government personnel.
- Shall store work related documents on Share Drive and maintain the status of writing Projects and set timely goals and dates for completion.
- Shall maintain the status of writing projects and set timely goals and dates for completion.