EverWatch Corporation is in search of a Budget Analyst in Washington, DC.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Team Leader and the Division Chief in planning and implementing the execution of the Bureau's multi-billion dollar budget, accounting, reconciliation, analysis, data review/data entry, and reporting from the financial systems in use. Incumbent's responsibility may encompass specific countries and/or regions, programs, and appropriations.
- Work closely with Budget Execution Division Chief, supervisors, team leaders, and analysts, as directed or necessary to assist with and provide execution support, including funds control processes for all INL programs.
- Work closely with Budget Formulation analysts and Program office representatives as necessary to support analysis and reporting of country program budgets, including the development and review of the status of multi-year appropriations and balances.
- Advise one the development and implementation of appropriate systems of internal financial controls pertaining to all aspects of the apportionment, transfer, allotment, obligation, disbursement and accounting of funds by the Bureau. Performs analytical, forecasting and interpretive functions for the management and control of resources and funds, tracks and controls funds for programs supported by the Bureau.
- Perform myriad administrative and analytical duties related to the execution and review of the Bureau's budget for these programs, and analyze and interpret OMB directives, Departmental and other Federal guidelines.
- Work closely with senior program and project managers and contract and procurement specialists in RM, and with program officers throughout the Bureau, in order to ensure the proper execution of millions of dollars in appropriated funding for INL-supported programs and projects in various area/region(s) in the world.
- Work closely with financial management personnel of the Department and other agencies in the Executive Branch, and provides financial guidance to Embassy personnel in program countries, and ensure compliance with Congressional and OMB requirements regarding management control practices. Coordinate these activities with Team Leader and with other financial management specialists, when appropriate.
- In conjunction with Team Leader and other staff, performs studies and audits on control and use of funds to ensure appropriateness of obligations incurred and resulting expenditures of funds are in accordance with pertinent laws, e.g. Foreign Assistance Act, and other specific, INL-related regulations. Make recommendations to improve the effectiveness and efficiency of these controls and their impact on the management of programs, as required.
- Provide financial guidance to program officers and project managers, as well as to staff in program countries, as appropriate. Provide advice and assistance to other staff members, and senior managers on financial management and processing problems or issues. Develop and/or recommend the modification of methods and techniques to resolve accounting or auditing problems and explain such changes to all staff members, and overseas posts when appropriate, to ensure their awareness of and familiarity with such procedures.
- Respond timely to requests for information regarding the reconciliation of agreements, amendments, and reprogramming of funds and track all pertinent information relating to these activities in established Department-wide financial system and Excel spreadsheet logs.
- Interact positively and work cooperatively with team members and points of contact to accomplish assigned work in a timely and efficient manner.
- Take proactive measures to improve the working environment and cultivate teamwork.
- Obtain necessary clearances on all documents prior to signature.
- Comply with all internal controls and procedures to protect organizational integrity and prevent unauthorized use or misappropriation of all classified and sensitive (but unclassified) material and equipment in assigned areas.
- Report security violations/problems to the appropriate authority.
- U.S. Citizenship.
- A Bachelor’s degree from an accredited institution in the field of Accounting or Business Management.
- Demonstrated knowledge of the Federal budget formulation (and/or) execution and process.
- Demonstrated 12 years’ experience with supporting or working knowledge of budget formulation and execution, management of budget and organizational software (e.g. Excel; Access; Federal Accounting Systems; etc.), and general office and administrative management.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing to prepare and present information for senior level briefings, develop and interpret policies and guidelines, defend recommendations, and resolve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to interact effectively with individuals at all levels to assist in the planning and coordination of activities with other organizations; provide guidance, and advocate INL policies and positions in close coordination with INL leadership.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite.
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.