Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of an Information Management Support Technician to support the United States Forces Korea (USFK) in Korea.
The United States Forces Korea (USFK), Assistant Chief of Staff, J2 (ACofS, 12) HOC-K's primary mission is to provide timely intelligence to Commander, USFK and Combined Forces Command, the combined battle staff, and war fighter component commanders. The HOC-K's efforts focus on detecting enemy threats, managing intelligence, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) activities, analyzing enemy actions and information to determine enemy's probable courses of action. The overall analytic effort strengthens Defense Intelligence and provides relevant, timely, objective, and cogent all source Defense Intelligence to the Commander and other users, and transforming theater intelligence activities to better leverage the capabilities of the theater and global intelligence communities and safeguard US personnel and interests within the Korea Theater of Operations (KTO).
- provide Tier-1 and Tier-2 level technical support to USFK J2 customers on NIPR, SIPR and CENTRIXS networks during normal daily operations, exercises, crisis situations, and wartime.
- create network accounts for newly arrived J2 customers.
- work with USFK 12 customers and the above-mentioned Internet Service Provider (ISP) to resolve customer trouble tickets.
- provide remote and/or physical troubleshooting solutions for computer or operating system issues.
- monitor and track all customer trouble tickets.
- submit trouble tickets on systemic network issues and work with the ISP to resolve these issues.
- work closely with other departments, agencies, ISPs to coordinate IT projects.
- coordinate with ISP for access to secure areas to install and troubleshoot network and associated equipment/software.
- establish and maintain a comprehensive list of all IT equipment and software owned and operated by 12 personnel.
- consolidate and maintain lifecycle information for all IT equipment and software items owned and operated by 12 personnel; recommend replacement solutions.
- install and configure IT systems for operational use.
- build and maintain a process for establishing and managing end user network and e-mail accounts for all information systems.
- ensure all J2 systems are compliant with system patches in accordance with the ISP.
- update and maintain diagrams depicting current 12 communications layouts, including all IT equipment as laid out on office and workspace floorplans.
- (U) track all IT and IA-related training for 12 and manage Army Training and Certification Tracking System (ATCTS) inputs, updates, and removals.
- serve as primary point of contact for 12 end users in scheduling maintenance-driven IT service interruptions with the ISP.
- assist in development of contingency procedures to facilitate recovery of IT capabilities at alternate operating locations.