Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of a Special Security Technician-Personnel Security (PERSEC) to support the United States Forces Korea (USFK) in Korea.
The United States Forces Korea (USFK), Assistant Chief of Staff, J2 (ACofS, 12) HOC-K's primary mission is to provide timely intelligence to Commander, USFK and Combined Forces Command, the combined battle staff, and war fighter component commanders. The HOC-K's efforts focus on detecting enemy threats, managing intelligence, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR) activities, analyzing enemy actions and information to determine enemy's probable courses of action. The overall analytic effort strengthens Defense Intelligence and provides relevant, timely, objective, and cogent all source Defense Intelligence to the Commander and other users, and transforming theater intelligence activities to better leverage the capabilities of the theater and global intelligence communities and safeguard US personnel and interests within the Korea Theater of Operations (KTO).
- assist in reviewing, correcting, processing and tracking requests for security investigations and collateral/SCI clearances.
- assist in performing preliminary reviews of investigation reports and recommends an initial determination of the investigated results in Joint Personnel Adjudication System (JPAS).
- receive, in-process and issue SCI-access security badges.
- assist in developing appropriate courses of action in determining SCI-eligibility.
- out-process all personnel ensuring JP AS relationships are removed; account for all security badges issued and for destruction.
- assist Government with Sensitive Compartmented Information (SCI) indoctrination briefings and SCI debriefings.
- assist in performing accountability audits of issued security badges and accesses granted with Personnel Security files.
- maintain daily oversight of JP AS notifications and respond to SCI indoctrinated personnel RFIs.
- assist in developing local guidelines for personnel security program objectives.
- recommend appropriate actions if derogatory information is developed on individuals who have access to classified information or security clearances.
- assist in resolving a variety of conventional security problem, questions, or situations dealing with personnel security regulations.
- coordinate with tenant security managers and SSO's to verify or clarify information pertinent to security clearance determinations.
- advise on policies and procedures for the command security; review requests for clearances, interview employees and request investigations from the appropriate organization.
- assist in maintaining the approved visitor control log, verifying visit messages are passed to the appropriate organization.
- provide unofficial foreign travel reporting for SCI indoctrinated.
- assist in processing Special Action, such as derogatory information case reporting, assist in preparing and submitting contractor nominations to adjudicative authorities.
- send and receive Record Message Traffic (RMT) for requesting/receiving indoctrination requests and visit/permanent certification requests.
- assist in reviewing JP AS and Scattered Castle data; reporting discrepancies.
- assist with periodic security spot checks throughout facilities to determine compliance.
- assist the staff with advice and assistance to resolve problems and make recommendations for more efficient security operations.
- draft, review, prepare and/or submit National Agency Checks for foreign officers.