Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of a Special Operations Maritime Program Analyst in Arlington, VA.
The contractor shall provide technical analysis and expertise in support of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense for Special Operations and Low-Intensity Conflict’s oversight of special operations responsibilities as mandated in Section 922 of the FY17 NDAA. Support will be provided in formulating SOF policies and conducting analysis of SOF resources in the areas of: personnel, training, readiness, Global Force Management, maritime, sensitive and compartmented programs, aviation, oversight, planning, collaboration, military operations and plans, and intelligence.
- Provide SO&IW staff with technical advice and analysis of SO maritime capabilities support and requirements in the OSD Planning, Programming and Budget processes and Joint Staff Requirement process resulting in the OSD Program Decision Memorandum (PDM) and Program Budget Decision (PBD).
- Provide SO maritime technical and analytical support to SO&IW representative for CAPE issue team meetings to resolve Program Objective Memorandum (POM) decisions.
- Provide SO&IW staff and SO/LIC leadership with technical advice on SO maritime capabilities, for congressional and interagency meetings engagements.
- Provide SO&IW analysis of USSOCOM’s Capability Planning Guidance (CPG) and Program Planning Instruction for compliance of SO-peculiar maritime programs to include SOF-undersea and sea surface capabilities, for material acquisition, modernization, and force development programs compliance with OSD policy and priorities.
- Provide SO&IW analysis of USSOCOM’s maritime programs and, when appropriate, identify and write papers addressing disconnects between SOCOM’s programs and other Services POMs.
- Provide SO&IW an analysis of USSOCOM’s SO maritime programs in POM baseline including SO maritime program milestones, fielding plans, roadmaps, budgets, and execution status.
- Provide SO&IW an analysis of USSOCOM’s compliance with OSD priorities for SO maritime program following USSOCOM Integrated Process Team -building POM;
- Provide written advice and recommendations to SO&IW representative for Functional Capabilities Board and weekly Working Group meetings that focus on maritime related issues.
- Provide technical assistance on SO maritime input for congressional reports, briefings, legislative proposals, and appeals.
- Provide SO maritime technical input for directed GAO reviews, DoD IG audits, and studies.
- Provide written technical analysis and support to ASD (SOLIC)’s representative at USSOCOM’s Maritime conference. Provide SO maritime technical analysis and support to ASD (SOLIC) representative at the Special Operation Policy Oversight Committee.
- Bachelor’s degree from accredited university
- Minimum 4 years of combined Joint, OSD, or Service level maritime policies, programs, Joint requirements processes, and force management experience
- Minimum 4 years of experience with USSOCOM Strategic Planning Process (SPP) or Service force management processes in the maritime area of expertise.
- Provide technical SOF maritime support and advice
- Ability to interface with senior level management
- Demonstrated excellent verbal, interpersonal and written communication skills
- Active Top Secret/with SCI eligibility
* Master’s degree from an accredited university in any field of study