Ian, Evan & Alexander currently seeks a Police Peacekeeping Program Support Specialist to join our team in Washington, DC!
The Program Support Specialist works most closely with the INL/CAP Police Peacekeeping Program Officer, Contracting Officer (CO), and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR). The Program Support Specialist shall maintain open, timely, and effective communications with the INL/CAP Team Leader and, as appropriate, with the INL/CAP Director and Deputy Director on issues falling under the scope of work, resulting in a relationship that proactively addresses potential problems with flexible, workable solutions.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Program Management Support
- Provide program management support from Washington, DC for field activities in International Police Peacekeeping Operations Support (IPPOS) and African Peacekeeping Rapid Response Partnership (APRRP) partner countries.
- Assist in the coordination of logistics and program administration, especially related to funding, travel, human rights vetting, monitoring and evaluation.
- Assist with the coordination of program activities with other key stakeholders offices/agencies in Washington, DC and overseas.
- Provide timely and effective communication with Embassies and other key stakeholders.
- Maintain master calendar of all training and foreign assistance related activities for the police peacekeeping programs.
- Assist with tracking spending and obligations for the programs.
- Assist with preparing reports and other documents related to re porting on the funding and activities of the program. Under the supervision of the Team Leader and/or Program Officer, conducts U.S. partnership vetting according to USG policies and prepares reports to the Team Leader for action.
- Schedule meetings, appointments, and conferences in accordance with team leader or program officer instructions, including reserving the appropriate venues.
- Submit ECCs for travel in support of the police peacekeeping programs or other CAP programs.
- Establish and maintain team records of various types that may be needed or will assist in the efficient operation of the team. Ensure files have all pertinent documents and signatures. Maintain and update file system accurately to enable quick and efficient retrieval of information. Perform file disposition actions accurately and in accordance with established procedures.
- Manage accurate receipt, control, logging, safekeeping, and necessary action on all classified material received.
- Assist with drafting and/or review INL program documents such as statements of work, terms of reference, intergovernmental personnel agreements, letters of agreement, interagency agreements, etc. in support of the police peacekeeping program.
- Track programmatic documents for clearance through the process to completion, raising any issues to peacekeeping program officer or CAP office leadership.
- Assist the Team Lead, Program Officer and other program staff with research and analytical support including for the design of country programs, outreach to international organizations, partnership with foreign governments, implementation and oversight of field projects.
- Support senior INL officials through research, analysis, and writing tasks on police peacekeeping.
- Make careful and exhaustive searches for information difficult to obtain, compile data, and make preliminary analysis for the supervisor or other staff officers as appropriate.
- Read incoming publications, regulations, and directives that may be important to the activities of the staff. Refer those of importance or interest to the team members and leaders.
- Assist in drafting program documents, including meeting notes, briefing and decision memoranda, issue papers, trips reports, etc.
- Manage and proactively identify opportunities for social media and outreach.
- Keep police peace keeping documents up to date in sharepoint and on the programmatic fact-sheet.
- Receive requests for information concerning police peacekeeping and other INL/CAP programs. From available background data, assemble requested information or follow up to remind staff members to submit required answers within the specified time.
- Compose correspondence as directed, such as thank you letters, acceptance of invitations, invitation letters, etc.
- Assemble and track taskers for books for trips, conferences, etc.