Ian, Evan & Alexander currently seeks a Program Advisor to join our team in Washington, DC!
The Program Advisor provides programmatic, contractual, logistical, and administrative support to the INL/WHP Caribbean team. In particular, the Program Advisor will assist the Caribbean team with information management (compiling, reviewing, and synthesizing reporting on Caribbean programs and updating and maintaining SharePoint and reference documents) and will serve as the main point of contact for Haiti and Caribbean Basin Security Initiative (CBSI) country programs or individual projects. The Program Advisor will organize and attend meetings and provide other general administrative and programmatic support to help the Caribbean team implement their programs. The Program Advisor may undertake research projects to track trends in law enforcement, counternarcotics, and other rule of law issues in the region. The Program Advisor will also provide support for budget and monitoring & evaluation work related to Haiti and CBSI programs in consultation with the Team Lead.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the primary point of contact for assigned Haiti and CBSI country programs and projects.
- Assist with implementation challenges; review regular reporting; maintain up-to-date project files; ensure regular communication with Posts and implementing partners, and ensure programmatic activities support INL and USG priorities.
- Track program budgets and pipelines for assigned projects.
- Support and advise the Caribbean Team to enable effective program funding on INL implementing mechanisms including contracts, grants, and interagency agreements, and coordinate the obligation of funds on letters of agreement.
- Support Program Officers, Contracting Officer Representatives, Grants Officers Representatives, and Agreement Officer Representatives in writing Statements of Work (SOWs), Requests for Proposals (RFPs), and program work plans by facilitating the process through award and program execution.
- Maintain up-to-date files tracking implementation of Caribbean programs. Save regular reporting documents, review them, and aggregate information contained within to identify program successes, impacts, and areas of concern.
- Assist in compiling and analyzing program budget data, including program development and support costs and estimates.
- Assist in the preparation of programmatic and budgetary justifications, overviews, and responses to Department stakeholders.
- Assist in preparing program justifications and responses to congressional and oversight committees, including OMB, GAO, OIG, and the House and Senate committees on foreign appropriations.
- Assist INL/WHP in developing and implementing a process to aggregate and report visually on collected program data.
- Assist INL/WHP in developing systems and methods to track program execution within contracts, grants, IAAs, and other sources.
- Assist in the preparation of background materials and reports used by INL, and in the preparation of reports, speeches, briefings, meeting notes, press guidance, and testimony on Caribbean issues.
- Provide general administrative and programmatic support to the INL/WHP Caribbean team, including but not limited to assembling briefing books, drafting reports and updates, serving as control officer, and scheduling meetings, among other requirements.
- Provide advice and support for budget and monitoring & evaluation efforts related to Haiti and CBSI programs.