Pending Award **
Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of a Strategic Communications and Policy Planning Assistant to support the Department of State in Bogota, Columbia
The Advisor is responsible for assisting in regular reports on INL/Bogota programming and relevant security trends. S/he will work with INL/Bogota programs to highlight achievements and ensure consistent messaging that supports the section’s strategic goals. S/he will assist in drafting regular and ad hoc reports and responses to Congressional inquiries, and assist INL/Bogota program managers to develop their strategic goals, both for the budget planning process and to help Washington draft relevant strategic documents, and improve coordination between INL/Bogota programs. The Advisor will assist the Policy Chief with the development of INL/Bogota’s strategy.
The Advisor will work closely with the Embassy Public Affairs Section to identify, analyze, and summarize foreign news and public opinion trends in the country or region that relate to INL operations and Mission Colombia policy, programs and activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the development of INL/Bogota’s policy strategy.
- In collaboration with the INL/Bogota program managers, assist in developing project maps for each program division, improving program management practices, and drafting strategic goals for each program that link to and support overarching U.S. security goals and sustainably address defined needs of the Colombian government.
- Liaise with the monitoring and evaluation (M&E) team and assist the INL/Bogota program managers in ensuring M&E is being conducted present on all programming.
- In coordination with the Embassy Public Affairs Section and INL/PAPD, assist in managing the strategic communications portfolio for INL Bogota, which communicates INL goals and accomplishments in our efforts to stop the flow of illegal drugs to the United States, restore security and rule of law, and implement justice system reforms.
- Keep current on Colombian political and security contexts, reporting when appropriate, and advise on their impacts on strategy and programs.
- Assist in preparing INL Bogota’s submission for all annual strategy/resource reports, such as the Mission Resource Request, Performance Plan and Report, Integrated Country Strategy, the Congressionally-mandated International Narcotics Control Strategy Report, and Major Drug Trafficking and Producing Countries list.
- Assist in drafting other regular and ad hoc reports, including the monthly Bogota Activity Report and daily ASDAR input, managing the extensive clearance process, and mastering any required software reporting systems.
- Research, develop, and maintain fact sheets for all INL/Bogota programs.
- Advise and assist in the development of Strategic Communication “one pagers” to INL to ensure linkages between performance metrics and program outcomes.
- Assist with INL/Bogota support for State Department, Congressional and other visiting officials.
- Ensure Embassy and INL goals are highlighted and explained in the context of overarching U.S. goals.
- Track and organize various tasks, assignments, or requests for information from
- Washington or the Embassy Front Office to deliver quality written products and briefings on time.
- Assist the INL Management Officer to ensure that financial data is sufficiently incorporated into all reporting requirements and that financial reporting reflects INL Bogota’s overarching program strategy.
- Advise and assist in the preparation of weekly and monthly INL reports, responses to Congressional inquiries, press inquiries, and fulfillment of other reporting requirements.
- Liaise with the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs on policy issues.