Ian, Evan & Alexander currently seeks a Program Support Specialist to join our team in Washington, DC!
The Specialist will provide programmatic, contractual, logistical, and administrative support to INL/AME. The Specialist will support AME officers to advance program goals and objectives in Africa and the Middle East by drafting documents, collecting data, consolidating information, responding to requests for information, organizing and attending meetings, assisting with program logistics, and providing general administrative and programmatic support to help the AME teams. A primary responsibility of the Specialist includes the provision of logistical and other planning support for (principally domestic) study tours and other training events.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Study-Tours and Discrete CONUS-Based Events
- Assist officers in developing projects, including study tours, involving INL/CAP’s state and local partners and other INL/AME implementers, to include providing assistance in completing supporting documents such as travel grants, eCCs, visa applications,
- requesting fund cites, making hotel/transportation, arranging insurance, facilitating translation, and other logistical arrangements, tracking Leahy Vetting and participant info, and preparing intergovernmental personnel act agreements necessary for events.
- Work with other INL offices, Post, implementers, partner states, and subject matter experts to coordinate study tour design and to develop and propose clear, achievable program objectives.
- Provide logistical and programmatic support (CONUS and/or OCONUS) during project implementation, including study tours.
- Assist in project implementation, manage the schedule, monitor participants, and moderate meetings and events.
- Program and Project Development, Implementation, and Close-out
- Coordinate with Post, program officers, the interagency, and external organizations to facilitate drafting of program and project plans and solicitations for Work Plans, RFIs and NOFOs.
- Facilitate the paperwork and procedures required to award, monitor, and close Inter- Agency Agreements (IAAs), Cooperative Agreements, grants, contracts, and other relevant implement agreements or funding actions for final processing by a government representative.
- Conduct market research and complete IGCEs for solicitations and procurements. Monitor activities of implementers and report to government representatives on the status of implementer progress towards meeting the goal, objectives, and completing deliverables.
- General Program Officer Support
- Provide general support to assigned INL/AME teams, including but not limited to assembling briefing books, reports and updates, scheduling meetings, and supporting bureau-wide events.
- Conduct research into countries of interest and analyze information for trends and important developments, including major incidents or reforms; attend relevant briefings; and prepare information and meeting readouts for inclusion in reports as requested.
- Facilitate the clearance of various programmatic documents by appropriate offices, including for trip reports, daily activity reports, Action Memos, Information Memos, talking points, and Briefing Checklists, and ensure they are submitted to the appropriate recipient.
- Help monitor changes in political and security environment and send updates to INL principals and senior staff as it pertains to INL programming.
- Compose correspondence as directed, such as thank you letters, acceptance of invitations, invitation letters, etc.
- Provide back-up Program Officer support when program officers are out of the office.
- Budget and Financial Support
- Assist in resolving budget issues and provide information necessary for officers to complete tasks including Un-Liquidated Obligation reports, pipeline reports, project reconciliations, project deobligations, completing and analyzing FMARs and FRSRs, and ledgers, developing program budgets, and other reports.
- Serve as a liaison between INL/RM, Post, and INL/AME to complete necessary actions such as to obtain a release of claims from implementers, fund implementing agreements, complete agreement modifications and updates.
- Facilitate and Enhance AME Office Operations and Efficiency
- Schedule large meetings, conferences, training sessions, etc. including reserving the appropriate venues. Select time and location, invite participants, ensure all required materials and services are provided in a timely manner, attend the meetings and take notes, prepare reports of the proceedings, and disseminate accordingly.
- Read incoming publications, regulations, cables, and directives that may be important to the activities of AME staff. Refer those of importance or interest to team members and office leadership.
- Effectively enhance the ability of the office to support overall mission requirements through skilled use of spreadsheet or database software, word-processing software, Microsoft SharePoint, and graphics and presentation software to draft, edit, and track documents.
- Back up the Office Management Specialist (OMS) as needed including to arrange travel via E2, order supplies, facilitate passport and visa applications, etc.
- Serve as a weekly security checker along with other AME staff; stay up-to-date and follow security requirements. Protect sensitive and classified material.