Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of an ILEA Program Advisor to support the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is responsible for narcotics control assistance activities and international criminal justice issues for the US Department of State (DOS)in Washington, DC.
The Advisor will report to his/her contracting company. The Advisor works most closely with the INL/C ILEA Team Lead and INL/C Program Officer for Roswell, Contracting Officer (CO), and Contracting Officer’s Representative (COR). The Advisor shall maintain open, timely, and effective communications with the INL/C ILEA Team Leader and, as appropriate, with the INL/C Director and Deputy Director on issues falling under the scope of work, resulting in a relationship that proactively addresses potential problems with flexible, workable solutions.
The ILEA Program Advisor will provide technical expertise to the ILEA team on the management of the ILEA-Roswell programs well as ancillary support to the five other ILEA portfolios which are located in Ghana, Hungary, Thailand, El Salvador, and Botswana. The Advisor will provide program assistance and support expertise to the INL/C ILEA team.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of a team responsible for the ILEA program in support of the team leader.
- Advise the ILEA Team Leader on the daily implementation of the ILEA program.
- Provide logistical and administrative support (invitation and funding cables, student selection criteria, student travel arrangements, etc.) for ILEA training sessions, prepare papers and correspondence concerning ILEA program issues, and provide general support of the global ILEA program as directed.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with office and other INL colleagues, members of USG law enforcement agencies involved in ILEA, and USG personnel assigned to US Embassies that are associated with particular ILEAs.
- Provide program guidance to the team leader as well as federal law enforcement agencies on the administration of ILEA training programs.
- Support development, monitoring and the implementation and performance of ILEA training being conducted by Federal law enforcement agencies.
- Work with INL/C ILEA team lead, the ILEA Roswell Director, and implementing partners on new curriculum and programs for ILEA Roswell.
- Draft a variety of technical, programmatic, funding, and informational memoranda and letters; assists in the preparation of Congressional testimony or responses to questions, press guidance, and interagency documents in accordance with Department policies and regulations.
- Liaise with the ILEA Steering Group, intra-agency meetings, advising them of stated policy on ILEA issues to include briefings, both written and oral, to senior officials.
- Provide advice to the team leader for the ILEA Policy Board on recommendations developed by the ILEA Steering Group.
- Support training and outreach program initiatives and follow-on implementation in support of the International Law Enforcement Academy (ILEA) program.
- Follow-up with U.S. embassies as it pertains to alumni implementation of national level action plans. Coordinate with U.S. embassies and other relevant DoS stakeholders’ to regularly conduct interviews and other forms of outreach with graduates of the program.
- Regularly publicize ILEA Roswell good news stories. Develop a living document which outlines ILEA Roswell success stories.
- Assist the team leader on drafting, reviewing and amending procurement requests and task orders as assigned.
- Assist in planning and managing ILEA program operational funds in coordination with partner agencies and host nation advisory committees.
- Draft Interagency Agreements with partner agencies for the delivery of training at the regional ILEAs.
- Provide assistance to team members on operational issues of assigned programs, serving as formal “back up” officer for other team members as required.