Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of a Cyber Security Engineer to support our client in Northern VA.
- Perform Computer Security Incident Response activities for customer.
- Monitor and analyze Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS) to identify security issues for remediation.
- Recognize intrusion attempts and compromises thorough reviews and analyses of relevant event detail and summary information.
- Evaluate firewall change requests and assess organizational risk.
- Assist with implementation of counter-measures or mitigating controls.
- Monitor vulnerability scanning devices.
- Performs periodic and on-demand system audits and vulnerability assessments, including user accounts, application access, file system and external Web integrity scans to determine compliance.
- Prepare incident reports of analysis methodology and results.
- Maintains current knowledge of relevant technology and trends.
Experience with Information Assurance/Cyber Engineering requirements, design and implementation. Develop and/or review security plans, security control assessments, contingency plans, and incident response plans. Experience with security systems engineering for HW/SW operating systems and application solutions for LAN/WAN. Experience with security system scans for network, platform database and web services using different security tools and Vulnerability tools such as Nessus, WebInspect, Retina, NMAP, ACAS, EVSS, HBSS, SCAP. Cyber security tool set including anti-virus, Vulnerability Assessment, HIDS and NIDS. Experience with technologies for network, and platforms.
Bachelors Degree in Computer Science or a related technical discipline, or the equivalent combination of education, professional training or work experience.
Certifications such as CISSP