Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of an Anti-Money Laundering/Transnational Crime Program Advisor to support the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) is responsible for narcotics control assistance activities and international criminal justice issues for the US Department of State (DOS)in Washington, DC. The Advisor serves as an anti-money laundering/illicit finance advisor for the Crime Programs Division of the Anti-Crime Programs Office of INL and provides assistance in aspects of these programs. The Advisor’s work will principally focus on money laundering/illicit finance law enforcement training and technical assistance programs with international organizations, NGOs, and other law enforcement agencies, but will engage in each of the other aspects of the team’s work upon request.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work as part of a small team responsible for managing the anti-money laundering/illicit finance program along with other transnational crime issues.
- Provide support on the daily implementation of the program to include preparation of papers and correspondence concerning program issues, and providing general assistance with the program as directed.
- Assist in overseeing project implementation; assist with the maintenance of funding and budgetary spreadsheets pertaining to task order and program management; and assist the Team Leader on drafting, reviewing and amending all types of project documents.
- Provide knowledge and expertise in various aspects of money laundering and illicit finance policy issues and program activities.
- Establish and maintain professional relationships with office and other INL colleagues, members of USG law enforcement agencies involved in programming, and USG personnel assigned to U.S. Embassies that are associated with particular implementation programs and policy processes.
- Provide program guidance to federal law enforcement agencies on the administration of training and technical assistance programs.
- Monitor the implementation and performance of projects being conducted by Federal law enforcement agencies and non-governmental organizations.
- Draft a variety of technical, programmatic, funding, and informational memoranda and letters; assist in the preparation of responses to Congressional questions, press guidance, and interagency documents in accordance with Department policies and regulations.
- Provide assistance with the coordination with law enforcement agencies, intra-agency meetings, other agencies, IOs, and NGOs, advising them of stated policy on program issues to include briefings, both written and oral, to senior officials on outcome of meetings.