EverWatch is in search of a Sr. Database Administrator to support a government program in a high visibility, mission critical role within the intelligence community. The successful candidate will become a member of a project team developing application software. This position involves coordinating changes to computer databases, testing and implementing the database, following established database development process, creating appropriate security measures to safeguard the databases, testing applications as identified in the development methodology, and creating necessary documentation.
- Responsible for migrating applications into databases and determining the technical details needed for the implementation of these databases, which may be complex, to support the end product
- Develop standards and guidelines to guide the use and acquisition of software and to protect vulnerable information
- Modify existing databases and database management systems or direct programmers and analysts to make changes
- Test programs or databases, correct errors and make necessary modifications.
- Plan, coordinate and implement security measures to safeguard information in computer files against accidental or unauthorized damage, modification or disclosure.
- Implement database backup and recovery procedures to help protect the database
- Approve, schedule, plan, and install additional products and improvements to computer systems such as the installation of new databases
- Take direction from Project Manager and may lead and direct work of others on project specifications
- Provides training for users and answers questions
- Provide mentoring and direction to junior database administrator
- Knowledge of database management system software
- Working knowledge of Linux and Windows operating systems, web services and SQL databases
- BS in Computer Science or related discipline and 10 to 12 years of experience or a MS in Computer Science or related discipline and 8 to 10 years of experience
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to solve complex problems
- Ability to work both independently and in a team environment
- Possesses effective oral and written communication skills to include active listening
- Capable of obtaining and maintaining the appropriate security clearances to access classified information
- Capable of preparing schedule and budget and managing to them
- This position requires a current Single Scope Background Investigation (SSBI) with polygraph. US Citizenship Required
Note: After successfully completing the interview process, this position is contingent upon customer acceptance of candidate’s resume.