Ian, Evan and Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of a Network Engineer to support a government program in a high visibility, mission critical role within the intelligence community. This role offers a collaborative and dynamic environment focused on demanding national security and intelligence requirements.
- Design network system configuration. Define, document, and enforce network system standards. Perform network upgrades.
- Monitor and maximize network performance, troubleshoot network problems and outages, and schedule upgrades.
- Utilize network analysis tools to identify performance problems in the network. Follow troubleshooting procedures for restoring the network to optimal performance.
- Secure network systems by establishing and enforcing policies and defining and monitoring access.
- Report network operational status.
- When required, prepare technical proposals for presentation to engineering review boards for upgrading existing technologies.
Skills and Qualifications:
- Network design and implementation.
- Network troubleshooting, hardware configuration, and performance tuning.
- Ability to draft requirements documents, correspondence and procedures in accordance with customer policies.
- Ability to explain technical procedures and processes clearly and accurately to both technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work in a team environment with good interpersonal skills.
- Working knowledge of customer’s communications and information security policies and practices.