Ian, Evan and Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of a Business Process Reengineering SME in Alexandria, VA to support the Office of the Assistant Secretary of Defense, Energy, Installations & Environment (OASD EI&E).
The Business Process Reengineering SME will perform as the lead subject matter expert for BPR efforts within the BSI Directorate. Candidate will lead efforts that result in increased efficiency of the organization’s business processes through requirements gathering, standardizing procedures, process modeling, enterprise data standards, business rules, and the application of enabling technology. Focus of the position will be to add value to business processes through improvement, redesign and implementation.
Required to rethink and redesign the processes to achieve dramatic improvements in measures of performance such as interoperability, quality, efficiency of service and speed. Required to quickly understand current processes, "As-Is", facilitate a working group of subject matter experts through the creation of a new process, "To-Be", developing a recommended enterprise solution(s) and leading the documentation and communication of the implementation strategy to the stakeholders.
The candidate will work with client leadership and stakeholders to evaluate current state business processes, identify potential areas for improvement, propose future state business process designs, propose material and/or non-material solutions, and support BPR implementation.
- Experience on large scale business process re- engineering project(s) performing analysis, process design/reengineering, development, integration, and implementation of process improvements.
- 10+ years of relevant experience in business reengineering activities, with facilitator responsibilities within the last 3 year
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Management with related focus or studies in performance management or operations management and an emphasis on Information Technology, Information Systems Management or other related business IT discipline.
- Strong skills in data analytics and process modeling
- Able to facilitate BPR working groups comprised of diverse demography and experiences from DoD organizations and the Military Services.
- Able to operate under minimal supervision to execute stated Stakeholder’s intent and objectives.
- Trained and proficient in Microsoft Office suite to include Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, and Project.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication skills to be able to clearly articulate the results of working group efforts in both technical and no-technical environments.
- Must possess problem solving skills, including research design and methodology development to assist in the determination of the appropriate technical products or applications to be utilized in performing data analytics.
- Active Secret security clearance
- MBA in Business Process Reengineering.
- An understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its organizational structure.
- Gained through DoD or federal government work experience
- Experience in dealing with Energy, Installation and Environment & Occupational Health (ESOH) portfolios, to include the data, standards and business rules associated with the functions and management of these portfolios.
- Familiar with the Project Management Institute’s (PMI) practices and standards
- Familiar with the Department of Defense’s Business Process Reengineering Assessment Guidance
- Certified Business Process Professional (CBPP)