Ian, Evan and Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of an Administrative Assistant to support the Bureau of International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) in Panama City, Panama.
The Program Assistant shall assist INL Panama in the implementation of its collective Justice Sector Reform training plan under the Central America Regional Security Initiative. The Program Assistant will coordinate with INL staff to help develop an implementation plan, and will provide a progress report to INL staff each month. The Program Assistant will aid in managing program’s activities, maintaining its momentum, and coordinating with local, national and international actors on the implementation of activities.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Assists INL in the administration of Justice Sector Program Administrative requirements as assigned.
- Experience with Panamanian legal system and ability to communicate/translate legal terminology in Spanish to English and English to Spanish for formal reports.
- Translates and organizes documents from Spanish to English and English to Spanish for internal and external communications including Weekly Report inputs to INL Panama and INL Wash DC. Prepares a variety of correspondence and reports in both English and Spanish from drafts into proper format using correct spelling, grammar, capitalization and punctuation.
- Assists INL in performing a wide variety of event planning and coordination in support of INL lines of actions, specific tasks include development of guest lists, protocol, invitations, and protocol issues including seating of principal guests, drafting speeches and comments in Spanish and English for INL speakers, logistics support including obtaining materials, supplies and equipment, filing, records searches and assembling of materials.
- Collects information for reports describing work being done, events in progress and future events.
- Compiles information and drafts success stories on INL work being done for submission.
- Follows up on courses presented virtually in support of Panama’s Judicial Academy.
- Monitors local news weekly related to Justice Reform lines of action, and reports significant items to INL.
- Maintains relevant databases and point of contact lists.
- Takes and drafts meeting notes, keeps schedules, assists INL to coordinate and arrange meetings, manages incoming and outgoing communications and provides other general office and assistance support.
- Prepares and edits Word documents, Excel spreadsheets, and PowerPoint presentations.
- Assists INL to review and define requirements and technical specifications for commodities and services.
- Performs with minimal direct supervision.
- Assists INL to plan and implement training and other events for INL programs and projects.
- Assists INL to liaise with U.S. Embassy staff, GOP officials, vendors, and others implementing partners.
- Works with administrative offices within INL including procurement, logistics, and finance to ensure among other objectives, proper reporting in computer databases.
- Maintains documentation, preserves project files, both paper and electronic, including contractual documentation, invoices, letters, memorandums and other office correspondence.
- Edits project requirement documents and communications for INL.
- Maintains internal controls to prevent waste, fraud, and misappropriation of government resources.