Pending Award **
Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of a Strategic Communications and Policy Planning Assistant to support the Department of State in Bogota, Columbia
The Advisor is responsible for drafting regular and ad hoc reports and responses to Congressional inquiries, and assisting with public diplomacy programs. The Advisor will work closely with the Embassy Public Affairs Section to identify, analyze, and summarize foreign news and public opinion trends in the country or region that relate to INL operations and Mission Colombia policy, programs and activities.
The INL Strategic Communications and Policy Planning Advisor advises and assists the Policy Division Chief with the following:
- Coordinate and draft INL Bogota’s submission for all annual strategy/resource reports, such as the Mission Resource Request (MRR), Performance Plan and Report (PPR), Integrated Country Strategy (ICS), the Congressionally-mandated International Narcotics Control Strategy Report (INCSR) and Major Drug Trafficking and Producing Countries list (Majors List).
- Draft other regular and ad hoc reports, as requested, managing the extensive clearance process, and mastering any required software reporting systems.
- Work with the INL Management Officer to ensure that financial data is sufficiently incorporated into all reporting requirements.
- Assist with the Strategic Communications portfolio for INL Bogota, which communicates INL goals and accomplishments in our efforts to stop the flow of illegal drugs to the United States, restore security and rule of law, and implement justice system reforms.
- Assist with the coordination of international cooperation and training activities, as well as police training, specifically focusing on messaging concerning the U.S.-Colombia Action Plan.
- Track and coordinate various tasks, assignments, or requests for information from Washington or the Embassy Front Office to deliver quality written products and briefings on time.
- Work effectively under pressure, within short time constraints, and during times of rapidly developing events.
- Coordinate strategic messaging for media on behalf of all INL programs, in coordination with the Public Affairs Section at the Embassy and INL/PAPD.
- Research, develop, and maintain fact sheets for all INL Bogota programs. Oversees Strategic Communication "one pagers" to INL to ensure linkages between performance metrics and program outcomes.
- Provid advice and assistance in the preparation of weekly and monthly INL reports, responses to Congressional inquiries, press inquiries, and fulfillment of other reporting requirements.
- Support liaison efforts with the Bureau of Western Hemisphere Affairs on policy issues.
- Support State Department, Congressional and other visiting officials as required.
- Maintain security awareness and properly handling classified and controlled items and information.