Pending Award **
Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of a Counternarcotics Program Advisor to support the Department of State in Bogota, Columbia
The Advisor will provide strategic planning, general administrative, and policy advice concerning overall program priorities and objectives, as well as work with INL/WHP to develop and manage programs and related issues. The Advisor will liaise with other agencies/governments active in the fields of strategic planning, intelligence, policing, law enforcement, security assistance, and cooperation, and with host government contacts. The Advisor will monitor counternarcotics and rural development planning and project implementation in Colombia, analyzing their effectiveness and suggesting improvements. The Advisor will work closely with the Tumaco Advisor to ensure consistent implementation of the whole-of-government counternarcotics and rural development zones initiative.
- Work with Colombian partners and U.S. military and civilian planners to assist in developing a measurable and sustainable operational counternarcotics and rural development plan.
- Under the direction of the INL Organized Crime and Counternarcotics Program Manager, and in coordination with the relevant stakeholders within the INL section working with the GOC, advising and assisting INL sponsored/directed activities in support of counternarcotics and rural development planning, including illicit crop control operations and tactics.
- Assist and advise the GOC Offices of the President and Vice President, the military, CNP Counternarcotics Directorate (DIRAN), civilian ministries, and department-level officials on planning and implementing projects to bolster counternarcotics, including coca supply reduction sustainability, and rural development effectiveness in priority zones.
- Assist and advise the GOC on planning and implementing counternarcotics and rural development methods, operational tactics, logistics, and strategy, in priority zones, through engagement and coordination with the Ministries of Defense, Justice, and Interior, relevant public service agencies, and other U.S. Embassy Bogota elements.
- Assist and advise the GOC on training and equipping security forces’ counternarcotics and manual eradication programs; coordinates procurement and delivery of equipment; determines training requirements and coordinates training; and conducts on-the-job training, as feasible.
- Coordinate with the CNP’s counternarcotics monitoring system office (SIIMA) and the military on communications and intelligence systems to provide enhanced police operational planning, strategic engagement, effectiveness, and warning of hostile actions.
- Assist in the preparation of required reporting such as the annual budget request for International Narcotics, Crime and Law Enforcement (INCLE) funds and the Mission Resource Request. Helps administer and monitor the expenditure of funds provided to Colombian military forces and the CNP. Prepares program documentation and procurement requirements for eradication projects.
- Establish and maintain appropriate internal management control systems and end-use monitoring. Ensures that INL programs are not subject to waste, fraud, or mismanagement. Assist and monitor the use of all U.S.-provided commodities intended for eradication purposes.
- Brief Department, Congressional, and other international dignitaries orally and in writing on the INL-funded military and CNP programs in Colombia. Prepare documents for presentation to the U.S. Congress. Develops appropriate itinerary and accommodates official travelers, as necessary.
- Ensure effective coordination of INL assistance to the government of Colombia.
- Provide analysis and guidance in project budget preparation, and program planning.
- Maintain security awareness and properly handling classified and controlled items and information