Pending Award **
Ian, Evan & Alexander Corporation (IEA) is in search of an Eradication Advisor to support the Department of State in Bogota, Colombia.
The Eradication Advisor will provide strategic planning, general administrative, and policy advice concerning overall program priorities and objectives, as well as work with INL/WHP to develop and manage programs and related issues. The Eradication Advisor will liaise with other agencies/governments active in the fields of strategic planning, intelligence, policing, law enforcement, security assistance and cooperation, and with host government contacts. The Eradication Advisor will monitor counternarcotics planning and eradication projects in Colombia, analyzing their effectiveness and suggesting improvements.
This position involves planning, organizing and assisting in the completion of financial and organizational analysis of significant complexity. As such, the Advisor performs broad and extensive assignments related to a range of citizen security, law enforcement, rule of law, and counternarcotics programs in Colombia, which is of significant interest to the public and to Congress.
The INL Manual Eradication Advisor advises and assists the Organized Crime and Counternarcotics Program Manager with the following:
- Support illicit crop eradication operations, in coordination with the relevant stakeholders within the INL section working with the Colombian government.
- Advise the military and CNP Counternarcotics Directorate (DIRAN) and departmental police on the project to bolster manual eradication effectiveness in priority zones of counter-narcotics programs.
- Advise the GOC on manual eradication methods, operational tactics, logistics, and strategy, in priority zones, through engagement and coordination with the Ministries of Defense, Justice, and Interior, relevant public service agencies, and other U.S. Embassy Bogota elements.
- Assist the GOC on training and equipping security forces’ manual eradication programs; coordinates procurement and delivery of equipment; determines training requirements and coordinates training; and conducts on-the-job training, as feasible.
- Coordinate with Sistema Integrado Informacion de Monitoreo Antinarcoticos (SIIMA), the CNP, and military on communications and intelligence systems to provide enhanced police operational effectiveness and warning of hostile actions.
- Assist in the preparation of required reporting such as the annual budget request for International Narcotics, Crime and Law Enforcement (INCLE) funds and the Mission Resource Request. Helps administer and monitor the expenditure of funds provided to Colombian military forces and the CNP. Prepares program documentation and procurement requirements for eradication projects. Helps prepare regular reporting, including monthly status reports.
- Establish and maintaining appropriate internal management control systems and end-use monitoring. Ensures that INL programs are not subject to waste, fraud, or mismanagement. Helps manage and monitor the use of all U.S.-provided commodities intended for eradication purposes.
- Brief Department, Congressional, and other international dignitaries orally and in writing on the INL-funded military and CNP programs in Colombia. Prepares documents for presentation to the U.S. Congress. Develops appropriate itinerary and accommodates official travelers, as necessary.
- Ensure effective coordination of INL assistance to the government of Colombia.
- Provide analysis and guidance in project budget preparation, and program planning.
- Maintain security awareness and properly handles classified and controlled items and information.