Ian, Evan & Alexander (IEA) Corporation is currently seeking a IV&V Technical Assistant to support the Department of Defense in Alexandria, VA.
The IV&V Technical Assistant will provide independent Verification and Validation (and testing) that deliverables will comply with initial requirements. The Verification process determines whether or not the software products of a given phase within the Data Analytics & Integration Support Platform (DAIS) Software Development Life Cycle (SLDC) fulfill the established requirements for that phase or Sprint. The Validation evaluates the software products to ensure those products meet the mission and customer’s needs.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to developing and executing an IV&V plan based on IEEE 1012-1012 Standard and IEEE 1012-1016 draft Standard for Software Verification and Validation supporting the DAIS platform requirements. The TA will maintain accountability of requirements at all levels and will actively document reviews, evaluate changes and impacts, and engage in audits where needed.
The TA will maintain a SharePoint site hosted via Intelink which will be the primary destination for storing the requirements, meetings, and other supporting documentation for the IV&V effort.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science / Information Systems / Business Management with an emphasis on Information Technology or other related discipline.
- 3 to 5 years of experience in technical and analytical skills.
- Have experience of web based application and database testing.
- Develop detailed test plans and procedures for test cases/ scenarios based on functional requirements and technical designs.
- Plan, organize, execute, and manage testing efforts.
- Troubleshoot issues that arise with testing applications.
- Create Test execution reports, requirements traceability matrices and test specification reports.
- Perform Function, Non-Functional, Negative, Security, Interface and Automation testing.
- Trained and proficient in Microsoft applications (to include SharePoint).
- Must possess problem solving skills, including research design and methodology development to assist in the determination of the appropriate technical products or applications to be utilized in performing IV&V tasks.
Desired Skill Set.
- An understanding of the Department of Defense (DoD) and its organizational structure.
- Gained through DoD or federal government work experience
- Awareness of IEEE 1012-2004, Standards for Software Verification and Validation
- Awareness of Capability Maturity Model Integration (CMMI), and ISO 9002, Quality Management Standards and Guidelines for IV&V techniques.
- Experience identifying information gaps and tracking data trends.
- Familiarity with reporting, writing and data analytics applications.
- Must be a U.S. citizen
- An active Secret security clearance is required