The Personnel Security Analysts shall be directly responsible the duties listed below:
* Receive, evaluate, and disseminate flags from the DoD CE capability in accordance with DoD established policy, guidelines, and procedures.
* Assess and validate CE flags using available data sources to attribute the information to a specific subject and determine if the information is relevant and actionable, in accordance with DoD established guidelines and procedures.
* Disseminate CE results and related correspondence to personnel security specialists, CI, insider threat (InT), and/or law enforcement (LE) personnel, as applicable, and within DoD established guidelines.
* Develop tracking tools, matrices, and templates to efficiently analyze data and produce metrics which identify trends, referral status, and business rules efficiency.
* Support the DoD CE Program as required, including policy development, comment adjudication, formal coordination, and resource assessments. Provide logistical, data gathering, and presentation support to meet OUSD(I) and DoD CE Program requirements. Continually monitor and review CE processes and procedures to inform the government where efficiencies can be realized.
* Provide feedback to the DoD CE Program regarding the relevance and validity of the business rules for flags. Policies, procedures and strategies will be planned and integrated into the CE program as needed. Support the development and delivery of CE-related reports, briefings, and training as needed.
* Assist with the agenda setting and facilitation of the DoD Personnel Security IT Governance Board, DoD CE Functional Working Group, and other CE-related forums as required.
* Provide administrative support as necessary, to include planning meetings, tracking action items, and preparing read-ahead briefing material, meeting minutes, formal correspondence packages, activity reports, senior leadership reports, and travel/training/personnel documents.
* Complete online mandatory training modules, as identified by the COR, prior to rendering any alert dispositions.
- Academic or professional experience independently performing quantitative and qualitative data analysis using complex data sets in an unpredictable, high through put environment.
- Demonstrated personnel security experience (e.g. conducting personnel securitybackground investigations, adjudications, personnel security management experience, etc. (level I shall have a minimum of one year of experience and level two shall havea minimum of three years of experience) and fundamental understanding of CI, LE,and/or InT disciplines.
- Demonstrated ability to break down complex concepts, generate conclusions from disparate information, and succinctly relay key information to leadership.
- Ability to identify potential business process improvement opportunities to optimize efficiency and data quality is preferred.
- Demonstrated advanced organizational, multi-tasking, critical thinking, and collaborative skills.
- High proficiency with Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Must have an active TS/SCI clearance
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.