IEA Corporation is looking for a dynamic individual for a Property and Logistics Support Specialist!
The Specialist will assist and advise in the implementation and execution of strategies relevant to INL, as they pertain to the following core logistics and property areas:
- Advise on property accountability
- Advise on Contractors ' Property Management Systems
- Advise on property disposition to incl ude solutions for property decl ared as excess to program needs
- Advise on efficient use of government property
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Provide assistance to the Industrial Property Management Specialist in performing analyses of the various contractors ' property management systems:
- Analyze complete systems
- Prepare reports and maintain files/records of audits and inspections
- Provide and advise wi th recommendations to improve accou ntabili ty of governmen t property
- Advise and use knowledge of commonly applied property disposal principles , concepts, and methodologies to perform assignments. Apply a practical knowledge of the classes, characteristics, identification criteria , uses and acceptable conditions of a variety of property types to identif y, describe and segregate property, and to ensure the correct storage and handling of items.
- Apply knowledge of property u tilization and/or donation policies, proced ures and programs within the State Department , and other federal agencies as needed. Promote and facil itate the use and repurposing of excess and surplus property , and find potential users.
- Advise and use knowledge to perform work involved in red istribu ting, transferring, donating, destroying, or abandoning a variety of property types, both domesticall y, and at various overseas posts.
- Identif y, anal yze, and resolve a broad range of property disposal issues or problems ; interpret and advise on property disposal pol icies, proced u res, and practices.
- Understa nd contract provisions and familiarize with government regul ations and procedures for screening and/or disposal of contractor inventory, evaluate the adequacy of the contractor's procedures for effecting property disposal, and to monitor the disposition of excess or surplus property .
Demonstrated no less than one year (1) of experience equivalent at the GS-11 level in the following areas;
- Demosntrated experience conducting audits of Property Management System
- Advise and assist with investigations of lost or damaged government property;
- Demosntrated expereince of survei llance and evaluation of contractors ' property control systems;
- Advise on the development, implementation, administering, evaluating, monitoring , or coordinating programs, policies, regulations, and proced ures concerned w ith the management, control, utilization, or disposition of government property;
- Interpret and apply contract clauses and government contracti ng and procurement regulations;
- A working knowledge and demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office prod ucts, including Word and Excel ;
- Demonsrtaed commu nication in Engl ish wi t h accu racy and fluency i n order to partici pa te fully and effectively in conversations (e.g. read ing, listeni ng, report wri ting, and oral presentation);
- Demonstrated superior interpersonal skills; ability to work with all levels of government and/or non-governmental agencies/personnel
PREFERRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS
A bachelor's degree in logistics or property administration, or a related field
Prior experience in the areas of property management, logistics managemen t and inventory Demonstrated experience in auditing and propert y disposition
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.